Calculation without Rounding Errors
This calulator evaluates complicated terms of rational numbers. The input is done by the buttons and selection fields of the control
Potential components of the terms
- Fractions and mixed numbers (selection field "Fraction")
- Terminating and repeating decimal fractions (selection field "Decimal fraction")
- Percentages (button %)
- Sums, differences, products, quotients (buttons +, −, ×, ÷)
- Round brackets (buttons)
- Fractional terms (selection field "Fractional term"); nested fractional terms are accepted, too; every fractional term
has to be closed by using the last option of the selection field.
- Powers, also nested (selection field "Power"); it is important to close the exponent in the selection field.
Representation of the result
The selection field at the very bottom determines the form of the result.
- Fraction (proper or improper)
- Simple fraction or mixed number
- Decimal fraction (terminated or repeated)
Since the results can be very long, it is possible to shift the output area with pressed mouse button.
- The omission of the multiplication sign in a product (for example between a number and a bracket) is not permitted.
- Only powers with integer exponents are supported.
- If an exponent is greater than 1000 or less than −1000, no result is calculated because the computer could be blocked by the
calculation for a long time.
- The output of a repeated decimal fraction will be incomplete if the period is very long (more than 1000 digits).